CITY OFFICIALS TESTIFY
When the legislature is in session, nothing compares to the effectiveness of city officials testifying at the Capitol. City officials who take their time to travel to Austin to speak out on important city issues should be applauded by us all.
Among the city officials who recently testified in front of legislative committees are the following:
- Shanae Jennings, City Secretary, Irving
- Carl E. Gierisch, Mayor, Roanoke
- Holly Gray-McPherson, Mayor Pro-Tem, Roanoke
- Jim Jones, Police Department, San Antonio
- Tom Schoolcraft, Mayor, Helotes
- Tina Paez, Deputy Director of Regulatory Affairs, Houston
- Mark Israelson, Assistant City Manager, Plano
- Jay Dogey, City of Attorney, Arlington
- Nick Fehrenbach, Manager of Regulatory Affairs, Dallas
- Philip Boyd, Special Projects Coordinator, Lewisville
- Robert Wood, City Manager, Westlake Hills
While TML monitors most hearings, we won’t catch the testimony of every city official. If we missed your testimony or the testimony of another official in your city, please contact us at the following e-mail address and we will include your name in the next edition of the TML Legislative Update: firstname.lastname@example.org.