Lt. Governor Announces Senate Select Committee on Transportation Funding
Lt. Governor Dewhurst recently announced the creation of the Senate Select Committee on Transportation Funding.
Members of the committee are:
- Tommy Williams (R – The Woodlands), Chair
- Robert Nichols (R – Jacksonville), Vice‐Chair
- Juan “Chuy” Hinojosa (D – McAllen)
- Donna Campbell (R – New Braunfels)
- Kevin Eltife (R – Tyler)
- Kel Seliger (R – Amarillo)
- Kelly Hancock (R – North Richland Hills)
- Carlos Uresti (D – San Antonio)
- Judith Zaffirini (D – Laredo)
The committee is tasked with overseeing highway infrastructure. In light of the recent Texas Department of Transportation “turnback” proposal, the League will closely monitor the activities of the committee and participate as appropriate.