On a limited basis, select member contact information may be shared with the private sector when a communication is deemed relevant and necessary by TML to a specific membership segment. A communication will not be deemed relevant and necessary unless, at a minimum, the communication is in response to an emergency situation ot time-sensitive legislative issue.
The circumstances under which member information may be shared with a private sector third party to facilitate communications are determined by TML and formed on a case-by-case basis after considering the following questions.
- Is the content relevant to municipal government in Texas?
- Has the appropriate audience been determined and identified?
- Has the content been reviewed and approved by TML staff?
- When and how often should the information be shared?
- Is there a conspicuous option for recipients to opt-out of any additional contact from the send?
- What are the consequences for violating the agreed-upon usage guidelines?
Members should contact TML if they have any concerns about data-abuse by a third party.