TML Code of Conduct for Educational Events
The Texas Municipal League (TML) holds educational events to encourage the open exchange of ideas, support professional growth and development, and strengthen Texas cities. We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment at our events that represents the diversity of the cities we serve. Please review and honor our code of conduct for attendees - members, speakers, volunteers, guests, and staff – and help us create a positive experience for all participants.
Please take a moment to review these important guidelines:
- Be considerate and respectful of others.
- Refrain from behavior and speech that could be perceived as demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of other participants.
- Respect the rules and policies of the meeting facility, hotels, and any other venue associated with a TML training event.
Unacceptable behaviors include:
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language related to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, disability, or any other protected category.
- Harassment in any form, including bullying, threatening, stalking, or intimidation.
- Real or implied threat of harm including physical, professional, or financial.
- Unwelcome and uninvited attention or contact.
- Boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language that may disrupt an event.
- Recording of sessions (including audio, video, and photography) without permission.
- Any illegal activity not already covered above.
This Code of Conduct will help ensure a welcoming, respectful, and collaborative community, and we thank our Participants for sharing our commitment.